BOX OFFICE REPORTS
Below is the brief on recently release BOLLYWOOD FILMS.
1. DOSTANA : Had a good opening, specially in Multiplexes and is attracting the youth most. 1st week collection was around 28 Cr. 2nd week is also steady. HIT
2. EK VIVAH AISA BHI : Suraj Barjatya’s family flick is steady but did not fare as well as his past films. Total collections till dates has been around 1.1 Crores, considering less no. of prints. AVERAGE.
3. GOLMAAL RETURNS : It received a bumper opening, but was too pricey for the distributors. 3rd week collections have dipped considerably. HIT.
4. FASHION : This Madhur Bhandarkar film has again done well and has done wonders for Priyanka Chopra. It’s a HIT, considering it’s average pricing. 3rd week collections have dipped considerably, after DOSTANA & YUVVRAJ release.
5. DASVIDANIYA : This low budget film picked up in the weekends, specially in multiplexes, it is not a film for the masses. Also it’s business got seriously dented by DOSTANA. But considering it’s low pricing, can be termed as AVERAGE.
6. EMI : Sanjay Dutt starrer fared badly throughout and is a FLOP.
Overall DOSTANA is a WINNER and has been accepted well overseas alos, especially in U.K., where it is the 3rd biggest opener after RACE & SINGH IS KINNG. In USA too, it has an excellent opening.
Now let's watch the fate of Subhash Gahi's YUVVRAJ. Hope he strike the BOX OFFICE this time.