Saturday, May 30, 2009

AMITABH BACHCHAN MAY REFUSE DOCTORATE DEGREE FROM AUSTRALIA



AMITABH BACHCHAN MAY REFUSE DOCTORATE FROM QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIAN

In view if the recent RACIAL ATTACKS on INDIAN STUDENTS in Melbourne & Sydney in Australia, our Big B Amitabh Bachchan is contemplating to refuse the DOCTORATE HONOUR which will be conferred on him by Queensland University, Australia, in July.

According to Amitabh, his conscience does not allow him to accept this honour from the country where Indian students are being targeted for racial attacks. Big B in his blog http://bigb.bigadda.com has asked for the views from his fans and has written -

“Last week, I have accepted from the Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia an offer of decorating me with an Honarary Doctorate for my contribution to the world of entertainment. This issue was under discussion and consideration by the University Board for some months and has now fructified. It is to be conferred on me in the month of July as a part of the celebrations being held there, to commemorate a retrospective of my films to be inaugurated in the city.

I mean no disrespect to the Institution that honors me, but under the present circumstances, where citizens of my own country are subjected to such acts of inhuman horror, my conscience does not permit me to accept this decoration from a country that perpetrates such indignity to my fellow countrymen. And here is where I need your inputs. Am I right in thinking so. And if yes then is my act of refusing the honor justified or not. I shall put this up as my POLL question and shall feel obliged if EF can indicate to me their opinion, for me to be ale to take the correct action.”

It may be recalled that 4 students have been attacked in Melbourne and Sydney in several racial slurs within a short span 3-4 weeks and in one of these attacks an Indian students Shravan Kumar is critically injured and is recuperating in a Melbourne hospital.

No comments:

Amazon